Overview - About FASTag
The National highways in India have evolved in terms of quality of roads and overall connectivity. But the drivers still have to go through the ordeal of extensive queues at Toll-Plaza's. Manually payment of toll at the plazas by cash transactions not only results in wastage of precious man hours but results is loss of fuel without any benefit to any of the stakeholders.
To do away with these issues the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) program is launched at toll plazas across country by IHMCL (INDIAN HIGHWAYS MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED) in partnership with various banks with a dedicated lane for electronic toll collection at toll plazas. The ETC program uses RFID tags for electronic toll collection. These tags are applied on the windshield of the vehicle and are automatically recognised by the RFID tag readers installed at toll-plaza's. These tags, known as 'Fastag' will have dedicated lanes at the Toll-Plaza's which will be known as the FasTag lane and will be accessible to dedicated ETC lanes also known as 'Fastag Lane'
Benefits of FASTag
1. No more long queues at toll plazas
2. No need to carry Cash for Toll charges
3. SMS alerts for all toll transactions – balance, deduction, recharge, etc
4. Easy account recharge options – Cash, Cheque, Credit Card/ Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking
5. Ease of payment - FASTag removes the manual cash transactions at toll and thus saves time
6. Cash-back offer: You can avail a cashback of 5% on all Toll payments using FASTag
7. Ease of Tracking – You get regular SMS alerts each time any transactions are done using the tag
8. Online Portal for customers
How to avail FASTags?
To avail FASTag, write to us at email